Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My mother

Essay:
My mother
Do you have someone who is great, spends time with you, cares for you, and is an important person? Well, I do, and she has black hair, brown eyes, and a caring touch. That's my mom.My mom talks to me about many things. One of the things she talks to me about is what will happen when I grow up. She tells me what to do in case of an emergency. And one day I had a really bad day with my friends, and she told me what to do about it. My mom and I spend a lot of time together. We play games, bake cookies, make necklaces, and draw doodle tricks. But our favorite thing to do is read. Our favorite book is If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.Mom takes me shopping at the mall. We buy toys and clothes, and we eat at the café. We usually get Chinese food or go to a McDonald's restaurant. When we ride the escalator, my mom pretends to fall back and says, "My shoestring's stuck!" My mom always laughs, and when she laughs she sounds like a hyena gone crazy! She doesn't laugh every day, but when she does, it's hilarious, and I have to laugh, too! My mom is the greatest. I love how she jokes around. She is always fun no matter what, and she gives me great advice. My mom is more than a mom; she is like my best friend!

Outline:
1. Making some question to show the topic about her mom;clue of who it is. 2 . When you feel sad or angry, what can you do? And giving the author some advice. 3. What are they doing during weekday or weekend? What kind of food do they like? What does her mother say when they shopping in the mall? 4. What personality does her mother have? 5. What kind of things will make her mother laugh? 6. How the author love her mother?

Reference: 1. Employed women with infant children often face a dilemma of whether to keep working or to quit to take care of their infants. Though the fact that married women work outside the home has become a social trend, people still expect mothers to stay home until their children are two or three years old. But, in my opinion, it's unfair and impractical to deprive mothers of their right to keep working only for the reason of child-care. From the view-point of feminism, women also need a sense of achievement as men do. Employed women often find it difficult to give up the chance of self-fulfillment and go back home to play the traditional role. Since the age of confining women to the household has passed, we should not neglect mothers' desire to seek further accomplishments outside the home. Besides, taking care of children is both parents' responsibility rather than only mothers', since children belong to both father and mother. Thus, it's unreasonable to ask mothers to give up their jobs for child-care which is also fathers' duty. Practically speaking, working mothers can help improve family finances. Though there will be extra expenses for child-care service at the same time, employed mothers can ensure a steady income to help support the family. Therefore, mothers' working outside is advantageous to the family, especially to those low-income ones.In brief, to expect mothers to put child-care before everything is not feasible in today's society. Only if fathers and mothers cooperate can the problem of child-care be solved. 2. My mother is sixty-three years old, and for the last forty year she has been the village doctor. She has a small clinic that she prepares medicine and treats small injuries, and also sells canned powder milk. Our house has people in and out at all hours of the day and night. The villagers always like to come to her clinic to see the doctor and to meet their neighbors, too. Almost all the villagers come to my mother when their baby is due. My mother is very good at predicting the day the baby will come. Sometimes my mother will not get enough sleep if the babies come late at night or early in the morning. There are special rooms for the mother and baby, and usually they stay at the doctor's house about twenty-four hours. We always like to see the new babies get their first bath because they look so red and small. All the village people know and trust my mother because she is such a quiet, kind, and experienced friend of theirs. http://elearning.tccn.edu.tw/1000110082/hmchang/short141-155.htm#154.%20Mothers%20Who%20Work%20Outside%20the%20Home外出工作的母親們 http://elearning.tccn.edu.tw/1000110082/hmchang/short81-125.htm#81

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home