Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Favorite Town

Ming Chuan University
黎綺玲 Vicky Lai 93659096
65264 Th 08:20~10:05 pm
Presentation: 10-6-2005

Article: My Favorite Town

Outline of the article:
Paragraph 1: Introduction
a) his favorite town - Uzhorod
b) location
Paragraph 2~6: Body
a) reasons for his choice
b) problem of the town

Paragraph 7: Conclusion
a) how he loves this town

Thesis statement: For me, the best city of the world is Uzhorod and for many people who live here too.

Supporting ideas:
1. Uzhorod is a green town.
2. Uzhorod has a long history.
3. Uzhorod is a modern town, not all the buildings are ancient.
4. Author’s school is considered to be one of the best.

Topic sentences:
Paragraph 1: For me, the best city of the world is Uzhorod and for many people who live here too.
Paragraph 2: Uzhorod is a green town.
Paragraph 3: My town has a long history.
Paragraph 4: But modern Uzhord is not all ancient.
Paragraph 5: My school is in the centre of twon near Nezalezhnosti embankment.
Paragraph 6: But Uzhorod also has bad things.
Paragraph 7: I love my town very much and I am very proud that I live that the best city of the world, in the city of Uzhorod.

Concluding sentences: I love my town very much and I am very proud that I live that the best city of the world, in the city of Uzhorod.

Conclusion: No matter what happened, he always loves Uzhorod and he thinks he live in the best city of the world.

Summary:
Uzhorod is the author’s home town and also his favorite town. It is in Ukraine. Even the season changed, Uzhorod is always a beautiful town. But he loves spring the most. Uzhorod has a long history and with many ancient buildings which interested by him. Uzhorod is also a modern town; it filled with shops, internet cafes, and so on. His school is in the center of town and considered to be one of the best schools. But there is one problem in Uzhorod – pollution. No matter what, he always loves Uzhorod and he thinks he live in the best city of the world.

Reference:
http://oregonstate.edu/Dept/hort/faculty/Cantus/ContestForEighthGraders.html#Zayats
http://spz.logout.cz/uzke/ua_uzhorod/en_uzhorod.html
http://oregonstate.edu/Dept/hort/faculty/Cantus/ContestForEighthGraders.html#Halas

Article: My Favorite Town By Marjana Zayats

For me, the best city of the world is Uzhorod and for many people who live here too. Uzhorod is the loveliest part of Ukraine, situated in western part. My native town is a regional centre of Transcarpathia. The town borders on Slovakia. The town gets it’s name from the river Uzh. The river on which Uzhorod stands is one of the longest rivers of Transcarpathian region.

Uzhorod is a green town. There are many parks, gardens, and beautiful squares. The town is beautiful and nice in all seasons of the year. I like to walk in the park and Nezalezhnosti embankment. When it’s winter, I like to walk because all around me is in the snow and it’s so beautiful. But I also like autumn with leaves falling and around me yellow, orange, and red colors. And all trees are lonely. Spring is the season of the last frost, melting snow, and the first buds and green spring flowers. This is the season of new grass and new leaves. The woods and forest are filled with songs of the beautiful brooks while as I wake from winter sleeping, the sky is blue and cloudless. This is why I love spring the most.

My town has a long history. It’s more than 1000 years old with many ancient buildings. The town also has a castle on a high hill. Near the castle is an ancient village in which we can see houses built more than 200 years ago. For me, this is very interesting.

But modern Uzhord is not all ancient. In the centre, we have ancient buildings now filled with shops, internet cafes, beautiful restaurants, and modern offices. Monuments, museums, libraries, and cinemas also are located in town. We have twenty secondary schools, the National University, an Institute, a gymnasium, a lyceum, and many colleges. The centre of town is Korzo street with many shops, cafes, restaurants, and offices.

My school is in the centre of town near Nezalezhnosti embankment. My school is named after the famous Ukrainian poet Shevchenko. I am proud to study at the school considered to be one of the best. My school is situated in the picturesque bank of the river Uzh. It’s a three-story ancient building built in 1912 with more than 1000 students.

But Uzhorod also has bad things. People pollute our native town, the river, the air, and the centre when they throw trash. This is a problem.

But Uzhorod is my town and if something happens, I will also love it. I love my town very much and I am very proud that I live the the best city of the world, in the city of Uzhorod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home